With the start of a new school year, we all need to put safety first in school zones. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), biking to and from school is safer when children and adults alike:
- Wear and buckle a properly fit helmet every ride
- Wear bright colors and/or use lights or reflective wear to be more visible to motorists
- Have a good grasp of traffic safety rules including riding in the same direction as traffic and stopping at all stop signs and signals
- Choose safe routes to ride, including streets with lower traffic volume and speeds
- Ride focused and alert—never using electronics or both ear buds while riding
The NHTSA has stated that helmets are the single most important piece of safety equipment for riders. While they can't prevent a crash from happening, they can prevent a crash from resulting in a serious injury. Giro's Rascal helmet is a perfect choice for your little rider.
The Rascal's OneStep™ fit system provides a simple and intuitive method to quickly send your child on his/her way. Simply close the pinch-free buckle and they're ready to go. For added visibility, mom or dad can click on the integrated rear LED tail-light.
Stop by the shop and purchase a Rascal helmet to protect your little one this school year. It retails for $40.00, and we have a nice selection of Giro helmets for adults as well.